Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] configure: error: ls -t appears to fail

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Sam Halliday wrote:

the problem *is* with autoconf and newer versions of GNU ls, it is a very well known bug and appears on every other configure script generated with that version of autoconf. my personal workaround is to apply a patch to configure to remove the "sanity check" as it is clearly broken.

It's not known to me.

Can you be more specific on which sanity check is broken?

Switching to a newer autoconf is not an option for 2.5, but if we know the problem we can make sure the distributed configure script is suitably patched (we already do this for a few other minor stupidities).

Regards
Henrik