Audio through spice

Hi!

I use spice to redirect the usb ports from my POPos host to my Mac Catalina operating system in my QEMU virtual machine which was set up using quickemu and now is accessed via quickgui. Spice works fine for redirecting the keyboard, mouse, wifi and printer. Now I need it for audio.

I know that audio has been a problem in virtual machines with Mac operating systems later than Catalina, but it is supposed to work in Catalina.  I have a small speaker that plugs into the guest via a usb port but it is not recognized. I also tried headphones in the audio out ports and still Preferences show nothing for sound and there is none.

I understand that spice can allow the audio sound card from the host to pass through to the guest. How do I implement that feature? Somewhere I read that inputting the following into the host terminal would do it: QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=spice. However, terminal did nothing and just wanted more instructions. The directions I had found said that after this command you could then use -soundhw hda options. However, terminal does not recognize soundhw and I wasn’t sure exactly what the “options" were.

I also tried -audiodev spice,id=id[,prop[=value][,….]] and the terminal said that the audiodev command was not found.

It appears that there are just a couple of commands that would allow the audio passthrough feature of spice to work, but I don’t know exactly what they are. I am new to using terminal so I need very precise instructions. I would appreciate your help in this.

Thanking you in advance.

Dorothy

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]