Re: irc

Hi,

On 8/1/22 16:13, Victor Toso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CC'ing the list and Hans.
>
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 02:55:53PM +0100, James Miller wrote:
>> Hi Victor, thanks for getting back to me.
>> Currently I have to echo 0 to the path under sys, and then
>> manually select the device to redirect in virtmanager and then
>> return to the terminal on the host and echo 1 to the same path.
>
> Ah, okay, so it is a three-step process: echo 0 to $path, then
> SPICE redirection, then echo 1 $path....  if you want to do it
> for several VMs for example, it should be very annoying.
>
>> I don't mind this so much, but I have added the alias to the
>> fedora help page on yubikeys, and was wondering if there is any
>> programmatic way of achieving the redirection in the alias
>> itself.  ie the alias would echo 0, handle the redirection, and
>> then echo 1...
>
> I don't have such device to test but I wonder why that is needed
> at all. What is the path you have to echo? Perhaps that can be
> achievable in a different way with with libusb or some specific
> driver's config that will get called when SPICE's redirection
> takes place.
>
> Hans, have you tried this kind of device before?

No not really, also I have the feeling that I'm missing a lot
of context here. Echo 1/0 to which sysfs file for example ?

Also is this using the usbredirection built into the SPICE client(s),
or is this using QEMU's host usbredirection?

Regards,

Hans

>> I wondered if spice exposed a useful set of commands to achieve
>> this with, perhaps via the spice-vdagentd socket... (I
>> obviously know virtually nothing about how spice works...)...
>
> No, no API like that is exposed because for the set of devices
> we redirect, it isn't needed. Let's see if we can workaround this
> in the client OS first (e.g: configs) otherwise we can think
> something in spice-gtk (probably QEMU too if you try to usb
> pass through?)
>
> Cheers,
> Victor
>
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022, 10:48 Victor Toso, <victortoso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Ah, interesting, never tried this kind of device.
>>>
>>> Wouldn't it simply work if you do echo 0 and the do the
>>> redirection with virt-manager or remote-viewer's UI?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Victor

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]