Re: spice-vdagent user systemd unit

Hi

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 7:25 PM Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a quick followup to old thread
"Fedora 34 guests can no longer paste from host"

The problem is purely relying on autostart which can be buggy in this case, see downstream bug:

One workaround is to provide a systemd user unit to run spice-vdagent also/instead.  Here's the first iteration I came up with:

Feedback is welcome, and I'd encourage you to adopt this upstream too.  Thanks.

That looks reasonable to me. X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase=WindowManager was not meant to be a generic solution anyway. It seems reasonable to have a systemd session solution nowadays. Even if both compete at startup, only one should stay.

Can you make a merge request on gitlab?

--
Marc-André Lureau