Re: Can't write from guest to host with webdav

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 10:04 PM Koopa Koopa <codingkoopa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/19/20, Jakub Janku <jjanku@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yep, that is the case. I had a broken symlink in the root directory of
> >> my share, which explains why that error only occurred in that
> >> directory. I've removed that file, and that error no longer occurs.
> >
> > Great, so that makes this one clear.
> >>
> >> As for the main issue, upon some more testing, I've determined that:
> >> - I can copy files to the root of a $HOME share.
> >> - I cannot copy files to a mounted device within the $HOME share.
> >> - I cannot copy files to a share created at or within the mountpoint.
> >>
> >> The drive that my $HOME is on is ext4, and the mounted device (in
> >> fact, there are two of these in my home directory) is NTFS.
> >
> > How frequent is this issue? Can you copy larger files?
>
> It can be quite inconsistent. Currently, with the $HOME share -
> without directly interacting with the mountpoint, I'm experiencing
> either not being to copy to or from the host. Sometimes one works,
> sometimes neither works. This seems to function the same between
> remote-viewer and spicy.

Ok, I suspected that it might be an issue with timing, so it makes
sense that it's inconsistent.

> With regards to file size, I have been using a 1.85KB CSV file and
> 11.7KB PNG file. Trying a 256MB MKV file, it is able to transfer form
> the guest to the host (that is, when that direction is working with
> other files too), but never from the host to the guest. Copying the
> exact file that I had copied from the guest, back to the guest, I get
> an error in File Explorer: "Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds
> the limit allowed and cannot be saved."

Yes, that's a known issue, the limit is set by Windows, but can be adjusted.
See this Gitlab report, there's also a link to the instructions how to
change it:

    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/win32/vd_agent/-/issues/2

The report concerns Win7, I'm not sure whether it applies to Win10 as
well, but you can give it a try.

> >> Sure. I've attached a remote-viewer log ran with those parameters,
> >> from right before I copied the file, until the File Explorer error was
> >> displayed. I had a share set up to where the mountpoint is the shared
> >> directory, and copied a file named "export1.csv" to the root of the
> >> share.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Would you be able to recompile spice-gtk with the attached patch (it
> > adds some more logs and could perhaps fix the issue)? If so, please
> > send the output in the same fashion as you did now, spicy is just fine
> > for this purpose.
> >

> With this patch applied, I am able to copy files to and from the host
> without any issues. The file limitation when copying from host to
> guest still exists, but that seems very much like an unrelated thing
> (and perhaps a non-issue).

Glad to hear that. I'll prepare a patch and send it for review.

> I have attached the log from the unpatched build of spicy, and from
> the patched (and seemingly fixed!) build of spicy. Both log files
> still begin when starting the transfer, and end when File Explorer
> ends or succeeds.

Once again, thanks for your help and time :)