Re: About decisions and reviews

Hi

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:16 PM Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lureau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

About "Move code to C++":
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice/-/merge_requests/62

I would like to know how the decision happened. As long as I have been
involved in the Spice project, we had open discussions and did
mandatory review for anything non-trivial.

This change is substantial, and impacts the work and contribution of
others. Where did the discussion happen? Who reviewed the code
changes?

Since no real discussion nor public review took place, I propose to revert the change and add a HACKING file to make the rules clear. See:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice/-/merge_requests/91

Frediano, I suggest you open a thread about switching the code to c++.

thanks

--
Marc-André Lureau