LGPL or GPL for recorder library

Hi Frediano,

We discussed GPL vs LGPL for the recorder library.

I made a mistake in commit e7df1041176eda88aea6102d1c4ecd9f144321a6 of the recorder library trying to “renormalize” the headers before submitting the Fedora package (the “norm” being that each file should contain the license blurb). The script I applied put a GPL license blurb on each file, not LGPL. I believe our agreement was to stick to LGPL in order to facilitate the integration in SPICE.

So first, this email is a public record that this is a mistake on my part, that the intent is and remain to have a license that makes it possible to integrate in SPICE, and that if GPL makes this impossible, the library will be reverted to LGPL ASAP.

Second, I vaguely remember there was an objection to some variant of LGPL (v2 or v3). The primary license text for the recorder library is currently LGPLv3. Can you please confirm that LGPLv3 works for SPICE?

Sorry for the mistake and for the ensuing noise.

Thanks
Christophe