Re: [RFC spice-streaming-agent 0/3] Integration with copr build system

HI,

On 2/26/19 10:43 AM, Victor Toso wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:26:36AM +0200, Snir Sheriber wrote:
Hi,

On 2/25/19 6:20 PM, Victor Toso wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 04:56:44PM +0200, Snir Sheriber wrote:
This is an example for integration of copr and gitlab so that
any git update will generate a copr build automatically.
Doing that for whole our repos will allow to get an updated
upstream repo without maintaining a running vm somewhere.
(although i'm still not sure what to do with the mingw builds yet)

If this is agreed i'll start adding specs and copr Makefiles
to all projects

Suggestions and more elegant scripting are welcome

Working example*:
any push tohttps://gitlab.com/sheriber/spice-streaming-agent-ci
will generate upstream builds here:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/snir/spice-project/package/spice-streaming-agent/

*require to configure a small gitlab webhook.
What kind of hook?
Just to configure gitlab to trigger the copr repo webhook link every push
in gitlab project settings->integrations
Does this configuration involve storing some ssh key or something
else for auth purposes?

There is an option for some token but it is not seems to be supported by copr There is also a ssl verification of the webhook endpoint just to make sure it has valid certificate (but this is not very impotent for us since the endpoint is copr)

IIUC the only auth is the webhook URL which has some key that is known only for copr's project owner (and gitlab), also they probably validating this was triggered
from the git repository that matches the one which defined in copr.

The fedpkg needs some ssh and/or kerberos ticket, no?

Forgot to mention, no, it is used just for creating srpm locally

I think it should be safe to push 2/3 and 3/3 while 1/3 stays as
RFC.
Indeed, 2&3 are not very related

Ack then?
Yep, LGTM! I didn't test but I trust you did :)

Thanks!

In regards to the RFC, I'm in favor of moving such tasks to
gitlab as well. So, +1 for me for the idea. I'd move the Makefile
as a job in gitlab-ci.yml itself.
This Makefile is located specifically there to integrate with
copr so that every time a copr build is invoked this script is
executed to generate the srpm for the current build (instead of
PUSHING SRPM FROM external vm as we do now).
(a copr build is invoked when the webhook url is triggered i.e every push)

Seehttps://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#make-srpm

Snir.
What I would like to understand is how copr will get the outcome
of make srpm to deploy, for instance, what you mentioned in the
cover letter:

Copr runs this Makefile in some vm/container and expect the outcome to be in $outdir
it's explained here:

https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#make-srpm

Snir

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/snir/spice-project/package/spice-streaming-agent/
Again, not against it, just trying to understand how will things
work.
no worries :)
Cheers

Cheers,

Snir Sheriber (3):
    Add copr Makefile
      https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#make-srpm
    Update .gitlab-ci.yml
      I think we should leave builddep for installing the deps, it will be updated
      automatically when spec file BuildRequiers is updated (gitlab ci may fail
      on the first ci iteration after such update but will converge on the second
      one)
    Update spec.in

   .copr/Makefile                | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
   .gitlab-ci.yml                |  1 -
   spice-streaming-agent.spec.in |  1 +
   create mode 100644 .copr/Makefile

--