Re: Cannot send email to spice-devel-request address

Sounds like you don't support that address at all?

When first subscribing to the list, confirmation and welcome messages -along with basic usage instructions- came from that address!
And in the basic instructions it's mentioned one can change settings *either* through web interface *and* that address.

Did I miss something, or am I just being trolled for no reason?

Thanks again.

I think we should contact freedesktop administrator to either have these address enabled or
the mail templates updated to reflect the actual status.

Thanks for the report.

Frediano

Hey,

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 04:31:45PM -0500, Carlos González wrote:
> Every attempt to send to such address results in the following error from
> the SMTP server:
> 550 5.1.1 <spice-devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Recipient address
> rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
>
> This same issue happened back when trying to enter the mailing list; I had
> to do everything via the mailing list website.
>
> However I can receive email from spice-devel-request, I kept the
> confirmation sent from it back when entering.
>
> Any help about this?

I'm not sure why you need to send emails to that address? I guess most
people interact with the mailing list system through the web interface
when they need to change their settings.

Christophe