Recommended place to get drivers

First thanks all for helping in my previous thread.
Since last answers were posted under a different thread title, I realized I did make a mistake in trying to mix different topics in a single thread. Sorry.

Back to topic, I think I'm still globally confused regarding where to get all needed Windows VirtIO drivers, and even which pack to use (stable or latest).

I think I should mention beforehand that I have used both libvirt (on OpenSUSE) and Proxmox VE for virtual machines. The Proxmox wiki also has a good amount of valuable information.

At first, I had seen there were 2 possible sources: Windows VirtIO ISO from the fedoraproject website, and the spice-guest-tools installer from the Spice website. I observed both ship the very same stuff, just different versions. So asked in another forum about this and was told the Fedora ISO usually shipped more updated versions. User said supposedly he was told this by a member of this mailing list...

So the way I installed drivers was through the VirtIO ISO (stable) from fedoraproject site. In Windows installer, in the disk selection step, I manually loaded all drivers: viostor, NetKVM, Balloon, vioserial, and qxldod; all of them under w10/amd64 directory.

However, since I was totally clueless about how to manually install the SPICE agent in the Windows VM (until much later, when I was able to find a SPICE manual...), I ended up just running the spice-guest-tools installer itself. Guess this overwrote many stuff...

Then I was told here in the list that, at least for the qxl-dod driver, it can be downloaded also from Spice website. So this would make in total 3 possible sources for getting drivers.

Of course I'd like to try mr Ziglio's patches from the other thread to see if VM performance improves. And after all this background, my doubts would be:

--Which source is better advised to get drivers from in general?

--For the ISO case, are recent patches normally uploaded to the "latest" branch? Should I better use this branch generally?

--Are spice-devel and fedoraproject teams really too different? Why different driver versions between them?

Thanks again for your attention.