Re: 3D and clipboard (was: Windows 10 KVM guest very slow in SPICE console)

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Frediano Ziglio <fziglio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I guess the spice-server patch will need more testing before release?
>>

>> > Finally, and just mere curiosity,
>>
>> > with 3D would you perhaps mean 3D graphic acceleration?
>>
>> > Are there by chance plans for supporting host-to-guest copy-pasting of
>> > directories as well, instead of just files?

As of now, copy-pasting of files isn't supported either.
You probably mean drag&drop of files, correct?

I'd definitely like to implement this feature, but don't expect it to
get upstream anytime soon.

If you want to copy multiple files or directories from host to guest
(or vice versa), your best bet currently is to use a shared folder.

>> Excuse me, any idea regarding these?
>> Or maybe try in a different thread?
>
>> Thanks again.
>
> For clipboard feature I'm not really expert here, Victor or Jakub are.
>
> For the 3D there are 2 cases:
> - Virgl, that is using the host card support from guest (more or less),
>   for Windows the state is quite early, missing currently the remote
>   part, not planned although there are some work;
> - vGPU/passthrought remoting. Is what we are investing more time.
> Why 2 solutions? With vGPU/passthrought you have either low scalability
> (like 1 GPU 1 VM, with Intel 1 GPU 3/4 VMs, with Nvidia you can have if
> I remember up to 16 VMs per GPU but is quite expensive) while with Virgl
> the scalability should be better.
>
> Frediano

Cheers,
Jakub