Re: Support for Win10

> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:20:31AM -0300, Lucas Sanches Fantacuci wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for how to install and execute a QEMU VM with SPICE
> > SERVER while the host's  machine O.S. is a Windows 10.
> >
> > Does it work?
>
> Although I've never tested, the builds provided by Stefan Weil
> [0] seem to be mingw based and AFAIK we don't have a
> mingw-spice-server...
>
> [0] https://www.qemu.org/download/#windows
>
> This is the first time this question pops up (that I see) so I
> don't expect it to work.

I won't be surprised if the effort to make it works would be
small, at the end we provide a library that deals with encoding
and network, there are something Linux specific like the statistics
using shm_open and family, or dmabuf for Virgl, but as these features
are not available on Windows would be easy to disable (actually
you could replace shm_open with CreateFileMapping, but actually
that part of code is not compiled by default so no problems).

This does not mean we are going to support that configuration!

> > While I was looking at download page, there's just binaries for
> > linux environment.
>
> Yes, the spice server library is linux only. The client has mingw
> builds and msi installer (with remote-viewer) so you can run
> windows client to connect to either windows/linux guests. But
> hosts has always been linux to my knowledge.
>
> > Lucas Sanches Fantacuci
>
> > Esta mensagem é confidencial. Mais informações em
> > www.matera.com/br/confidencial
> >
> > This message is confidential. More information on
> > www.matera.com/en/confidential <http://www.matera.com/br/confidencial>
>
> English link is broken but the portuguese one is working:
>
> "
>  | As informações contidas nesta mensagem são privilegiadas,
>  | confidenciais e protegidas de divulgação.
>  | Esta mensagem é destinada à pessoa física ou jurídica abordada
>  | neste documento.
>  | Se você não for o destinatário pretendido, favor não ler, copiar,
>  | usar ou divulgar essa comunicação com os outros. Por favor
>  | notifique o remetente, respondendo a esta mensagem, e então
>  | exclua-o do seu sistema.
> "
>
> Como esta é uma lista pública, a mensagem da sua assinatura não
> faz muito sentido. Fica dica ;)
>
> e.g: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2018-June/044035.html
>
> Cheers,
>         toso