Re: RFC [spice-gtk] session: Allow to delay sending clipboard to the guest

> Hi

This patch is solving guest <-> client issue, I doubt portals would address this
so I think only spice-gtk can address it. The agent could do something but the
agent is controlled by the guest so cannot protect client data.

On the implementation I didn't have a deep look but saving data from clipboard
to later usage seems really wrong. I don't know how clipboard works on Unix or
GTK but on Windows data copies are done (or can be done) lazily to avoid huge
copies or optimize some cases (for instance same app c&p or avoiding useless
conversions). I would just save which clipboards were changed during out of
focus (so kind of some bools variable) and tell the guest the change when we
receive the focus. Can't we do it?

Frediano