Re: Spice-server gobject bindings

Hey Matthew,

I've finally taken a quick look at these bindings. For some reason I
could not build it:

ssg-server.c: In function 'ssg_server_class_init':
ssg-server.c:630:21: error: 'SSG_TYPE_SPICE_COMPAT_VERSION_T' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'SSG_TYPE_SPICE_PORT_EVENT_T'?
                     SSG_TYPE_SPICE_COMPAT_VERSION_T,
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     SSG_TYPE_SPICE_PORT_EVENT_T
ssg-server.c:630:21: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
ssg-server.c:773:21: error: 'SSG_TYPE_SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESSION_T' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'SSG_TYPE_SPICE_COMPAT_VERSION_T'?
                     SSG_TYPE_SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESSION_T,
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     SSG_TYPE_SPICE_COMPAT_VERSION_T
ssg-server.c:782:21: error: 'SSG_TYPE_SPICE_WAN_COMPRESSION_T' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'SSG_TYPE_SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESSION_T'?
                     SSG_TYPE_SPICE_WAN_COMPRESSION_T,
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     SSG_TYPE_SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESSION_T
I guess an issue with the GEnum generation?

What these bindings achieve is replace the creation/initialization of
various structures with GObject wrapping this, and emitting signals when
a callback would be invoked by spice-server.
(note, while at it, I would not expose the attache-worker typo in the
higher level-API).
While this makes interacting with spice-server using these bindings
easier, I feel like some of these would make more sense as vfuncs on the
corresponding SsgXxxxInstanceClass that would get implemented through
inheritance. But at this point that's mostly a design decision.

I don't think at this point we should carry this upstream in
spice-server, as there are no users for it yet, so we would not be using
it/testing it as part of working on spice-server. We'd also want
something API/ABI stable before we ship it this way.

What we can do however to give it more visibility is link to it from
spice-space.org website, and/or add it to our it upstream gitlab
instance (hard to get new repositories/accounts) on freedesktop)

Christophe