Re: qxl and page flip

On 12 October 2017 at 19:16, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 12:40 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>
>> > Would not actually be possible to detect a destroy + create
>> > commands and avoid having to change any version/driver?
>>
>> Well, that would be option (3) of the original mail:  Make the spice
>> client hide this.  Basically not go into "no display" mode instantly
>> after destroy-surface, but wait a bit to see whenever it is followed
>> by
>> a create-surface command.
>
> Ping.  What do you think?

We are fixing it host side, I still think we need hack the guest until it knows
the host has the workaround,

Daniel Vetter suggested we take a different path for atomic page flip, and
put back the copy mechanism until we can support atomic modesetting properly,
which might be simpler than reverting all the qxl atomic work.

Dave.