Spice Protocol Missing Headers

I just spent the last hour searching for the header that contains "RedInit" according to the Spice protocol specification, frustratingly not finding it.

After digging through the client source I finally discovered it wasn't renamed to "SpiceInit", but to "SpiceMsgMainInit". Seems the Spice protocol documentation needs quite a bit of TLC.

Anyway, this is more about the missing headers in the spice-protocol project. The header in question is 'spice-common/common/messages.h' Since distributions such as Debian are distributing a dev package for the protocol package, on these platforms the header is missing. It seems that it has ended up in the wrong place as it is clearly a requirement for developing any clients that interact with the protocol directly. I can work around this by grabbing a copy of spice-common but this seems more of a work around rather then a fix for the problem.

Is anyone able to provide any insight on this?

Kind Regards,
Geoffrey McRae
HostFission
https://hostfission.com