Re: Spice optimization over WAN

Hi Thiago,

In my scenario, I'd like to connect to the spice server over WAN but using remote-viewer (nor the html5 client).

In this case, this convination of parameters, is good as well?

image-compression=auto_glz
streaming-video=off
playback-compression=off
jpeg-wan-compression=always
zlib-glz-wan-compression=always

I also liked to ask for theese parameters:

Can you explain to me what is their specific function?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi,

I have been using, for quite a while, the following options for those who connect through spice-html5 from outside:

image-compression=auto_glz
streaming-video=off
playback-compression=off
jpeg-wan-compression=always
zlib-glz-wan-compression=always

Since I keep everything up to date: kernel + qemu + spicelibs + spice-guest-tools, maybe those options are no longer necessary.

For people who connects through lan or mpls, I leave the spice server on default settings.

Note that compression options generates overhead on the server.

Since I have a very small number of external users (Those are for VDI non-persistent), and all of them are simple remoteApps, the overhead is ok.

Usually the spice (default settings) + qxl + spice-guest-tools + virtIO are the best combo.

The default settings optimizes based on some bandwidth calculations and enables or disables some of those options.