Re: KVM-SPICE: View youtube videos smoothly

I must say the version is weird.
It is the version that comes with 2K8. I have not been able to find the W10 qxl driver... ¿Can you paste the link?

Beside that which versions (kvm, spice) are you using? Are you using a recent viewer?

qemu-kvm.x86_64                10:1.5.3-126.el7                               @base
qemu-kvm-common.x86_64         10:1.5.3-126.el7

spice-glib.x86_64              0.31-6.el7                                     @base
spice-gtk3.x86_64              0.31-6.el7                                     @base
spice-protocol.noarch          0.12.11-1.el7                                  @base
spice-server.x86_64            0.12.4-19.el7                                  @base

Regarding to the viewer version:

remote-viewer.exe version 5.0-256

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

In my environment I have a W10 guest running on a centos 7 KVM host.

I have installed the following QXL Video driver:

Imágenes integradas 1

But when I try to see (on LAN) a youtube video, it doesn't play smoothly, even video and sound stops for a while and continues a little bit later. It looks I can see the video rendering as i can see a the half of one frame and the half of the following frame on the same "image".

If I minimize the internet explorer (or chrome) to the task-bar image and sound goes better (not the perfect).

¿Is there any advice to improve video and sound experience in KVM with spice?

Thanks a lot,

I must say the version is weird.
We released a Windows 10 driver not much ago.
Beside that which versions (kvm, spice) are you using? Are you using a recent viewer?
New versions implements different code which requires less bandwidth (should not
be a big problem with LAN but you would make sure).

Frediano