Re: [spice-server 03/10] Remove OutgoingHandlerInterface

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 10:36:10AM -0500, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> So are you saying you prefer an heavy unsafe signal instead of a
> function call just for statistics that's disabled by default?

My desktop is built on such signals and works just fine, thank you ;)
And yes, statistics gathering does not seem like something that
deservers a strong tying of RedChannel and RedChannelClient, I'm really
not interested as to what gathers the stats, so I don't think an
explicit method call is appropriate there.

> > and limit as much as possible calls to red_channel_client_xxx from
> > red_peer_handle_outgoing(). Did not explore this yet, so cannot tell
> > if it makes sense or not :)
> >
> > Christophe
> >

> Now that the function does a lot direct calls I don't see much sense.
> Maybe you can use a kernel style label + error handling code?
> In this function there are just 2 calls to red_channel_disconnect.
>
> I was confused by the FIXME which is quite strong (I usually use TODO
> if I can improve something, FIXME for possible bugs to fix ASAP) and
> that adding make think that the problem was not present before the
> patch (that is a regression introduced).

Ah, sorry for that, I don't use such a fine-grained classification,
FIXME: is just something to look at sooner or later, usually later. So
yeah, should read as TODO :) I'll remove these.

Christophe