Re: [protocol 0/3] Fixing the *_DEPRECATED set of macros

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> > Imo this SPICE_NO_DEPRECATED is only meant to be used internally by
> > spice-gtk even if this is not really documented. I would not consider it
> > breakage if this was removed, or changed in incompatible ways.
> > And it turns out it's actually useless as -Wno-deprecated-declarations
> > is used during compilation (which also disables the
> > warnings from GLIB_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED/GLIB_VERSION_MAX_REQUIRED :(
> > I'd tend to change that so that -Wno-deprecated-declarations is only
> > used for spicy, and make selective use of
> > G_GNUC_BEGIN_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS / G_GNUC_END_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS when
> > needed. Seems to be working with quick and dirty local changes.
>
> I know you were talking about spice-gtk, but would the spice patch
> below be what you had in mind?

The dark side of G_GNUC_{BEGIN,END}_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS is that it's not
supported on RHEL 6.8:
 * GLib < 2.32 does not provide these macros,
 * and gcc <4.6 does not support the underlying pragmas.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>