Re: [spice-gtk v3 7/7] Sync only on focus change

So if you work on a virtual machine, start typing, the locks get out of
sync and you get back to another local machine (or another VM) you
prefer to have the locks out of sync?

> > If on 4 VM is not changing the lock and you keep sending if trying
> > to sync on 5 you'll have problems typing.
>
> > With normal (like English) cases 4 is what is done now, on 7 you
> > have nothing to do and leds are keep in sync unless the VM change
> > them not in response to a client key (yes, this will lead to LEDs
> > not synced).
> >

> It's hard to follow you, it would be easier to describe with messages/state,
> perhaps something like:
>
> Working sync case:
>
> 1. local:1, remote:0
> 2. send lock:1 (since local!=remote)
> 3. local:1, remote:1
> 4. receive lock:1
>
> If I understand you, the non-working case loops:
>
> 1. local:1, remote:0
> 2. send lock:1 (since local!=remote)
> 3. local:1, remote:0 (somehow nothing changed?)
> 4. receive lock:0 (but the server notifies us)
> 5. goto 2
>
> Isn't it a server bug to send the same lock if the locks didn't change?

Good catch. Well.. more than a bug it's the current behavior.
Ignoring no changing events could at least avoid the continue trying of
syncing. However when you press another lock (like caps then num) another
synchronization is attempted (on the first caps if lock was not changed).

> > > What I don't understand is what you improving here, saving a few key
> > > events
> > > sent to the guest?
> > >

> > Yes, once per second which can make the VM unusable.
> >
> > > I don't understand the issue with the current behavior, and the change of
> > > behavior you propose here. Could you give an example?
> > >

> > You press Caps, VM send back modifiers with no Caps set, you try to fix
> > sending another Caps, VM send back modifiers with no Caps set ... and so
> > on.
>
> When does this happen? Can you give a reproducer?

If you have an English client and a Linux VM just use "setxkbmap jp", on
Windows set caps release to shift instead of caps, on Mac OS X use the
num/scroll locks. There are just normal settings.

Frediano