Fwd: Question from a chinese programmer

---------- 转发的邮件 ----------
发件人:"Kop Yiddish" <yiddishkop@xxxxxxxxx>
日期:2016年8月25日 21:20
主题:Question from a chinese programmer
收件人: <pgrunt@xxxxxxxxxx>
抄送:

hi, sir,
How are you?
I'm a programmer from china ,i have some questions about your patchwork in SPICE project. May I make bold to disturb you for some minitues ?
I recently encounter a problme, we use SPICE for remote access , but when playing high-quality video ,  it droped frames seriously with high Memory usage and CPU suage.
I suppose SIPCE will control the rate of video stream by the bandwidth, but it appears that SPICE protocal doesn't work.
I read the souce code related, I find some clues about it.
enum {
    SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_SIZED_STREAM,
    SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_MONITORS_CONFIG,
    SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_COMPOSITE,
    SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_A8_SURFACE,
    SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_STREAM_REPORT,
};
dcc->use_mjpeg_encoder_rate_control =
        red_channel_client_test_remote_cap(&dcc->common.base, SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_STREAM_REPORT);

I have some question below:
  1. I find encoder will check the SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_STREAM_REPORT, and decide whether functioned the "rate control of the the transfermation", is my understanding right?
  2. I find your pathwork to SPICE about SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_LZ4_COMPRESSION, did the original project has some bugs in controling the rate of the transformation from SPICE-server to client, i mean it can not control the quality of video by the bandwidth
  3. Can you explain the word -- "channel capability",which i encountered many times, but i can't specify the TRUE meaning of it.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH , please forgive my poor english, and best wishes with you and your family.