Re: [NSIS] packaging: add Makefile, spec file, jenkins automation

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:39:42AM +0300, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Christophe Fergeau
> <cfergeau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Having smaller/more focused commits will allow to have
> > more specific commit logs :)
>
> Perhaps I should instead provide more details in the commit message,
> if that's the issue. Anything missing specifically?

I haven't looked at the patch in details, so I can't really tell right
now ;)

> > With this commit as is, I don't know what
> > is the reasoning for having variables for the installer/uninstaller
> > names,
>
> The reasoning is to not duplicate these names in both the makefile
> and in the nsis file. Both of them need to know these names, and it
> makes more sense to me to maintain these names in the Makefile and
> pass to makensis. Obviously the nature of make makes it somewhat
> easier to override from outside when actually running it, but I do
> not intend to do that for now. We might eventually use this if we
> decide to use this project also for downstream (RHEV).

You could have the same reasoning for all the data files (agent, driver,
...) used by the installer which are listed both in the Makefile and in
the .nsis file. I'd rather not have these variables, they make things
complicated for not much gain (imo).

Christophe