ovirt-wgt introduction

Hi all,

As some of you might know, the ovirt project [1] started, some time ago,
to use the code of spice-nsis [2], as a basis for an installer for its
own windows guest tools [3].

Recently Christophe and I had some discussions about how to keep the
code bases identical, as much as possible.

Christophe already did some considerable work to help with this, in his
private branch called "ovirt" [4]. Many thanks for that!

The main issue preventing trivial cooperation is that we use gerrit for
all of our code [5] - both for review and hosting, and for ci/build
automation - using jenkins and related tools.

We now agreed to "start from scratch" - we'll start from the current
master branch of spice-nsis, and submit to the spice-devel list a
series of patches, most of them just cherry-picked (with few collision
fixes) from Christophe's ovirt branch, in order to get to a state where
a single code base can be used to build both installers. We'll continue
using our gerrit instance, so our commit messages will sometimes be
different - needing to add custom Change-Id lines and sometimes others.
Other than that we hope to have an identical code base.

This mail is sent mainly as an introduction, for those that do not know
about ovirt-wgt, and to explain the flood of patches soon to land in your
inbox (and list archives).

Comments/ideas/etc. are more than welcome!

Best regards,

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Home
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-nsis/
[3] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/oVirt_Windows_Guest_Tools