Re: Can SPICE be used as a terminal server?

> I suppose one way would be to run XDMCP on the server and the let Linux
> users access the server via a nested X servers and let Windows users use
> Xming. But as far as I know, XDMCP is not very secure(?), and I'm not
> sure if people can have GUI sessions running in the background this way.

We have done this for a customer that needs a secure environment.  We
ended up with a fairly customized mechanism for launching xdm to ensure
the security they needed.

But the basic bones of XSpice should work well as a terminal server.
Particularly now that we've added audio, smart card support, agent
support, and a few other features that were once lacking.

It is the case that it isn't especially pristine 'out of the box',
particularly on RHEL 6, but with a bit of tuning, you should have
something workable that does what you need.

Cheers,

Jeremy