Re: windows guest file transfer

Hi John,

> OK thanks.  webdav is one way, but your new file transfer method seems
> even better to me.

John, for Pavel's new code, you would need spice-html5 from the most recent git tree; there is no release that contains it.

Pavel, let me know if you'd like me to do a release to fix that.

If you wish to use spice-html5, you would not use any clients; you would need a web server to serve up the html. You would then need a host to run your guest environment; generally that would be qemu of some kind, or XSpice for pure Linux guests.

Note that you may find the spice-html5 client unsatisfying; it's good for modest use for Linux guests. But the gtk client is generally better, and is far better for Windows guests.

(Of course, fixing Windows support in spice-html5 should be easy, low hanging fruit, in case anyone is bored and listening <grin>).

Cheers,

Jeremy