Re: Fwd: a question about Xspice

At 2014-10-23 17:13:31, "Uri Lublin" <uril@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >On 10/22/2014 06:29 PM, Cynthia wrote: >> At 2014-10-22 19:26:20, "Uri Lublin" <uril@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >> >> From: cynthia <cynthia_115@xxxxxxx> >> >> HI All, >> >> >> >> I am trying to build Xspice which is included in guest QXL driver, but one question confuses me a lot. >> >> As the Xspice's description in Readme, i get that Xspice is a X server and spice server in one, running in guest os, >> >> but our team has developed a set of windows virtual desktop in which the spiceserver is deployed in HOST os linked with QEMU, >> >> and i think that is coordinated with the spice protocol., >> >> So, could anyone explain it for me if spiceserver is deployed in guest os or host os? I will be very very appreciated~ >> >> >> >Hi Cynthia, >> > >> >Xspice was developed with the (Linux) server/host in mind, not the guest. >> >Running on a server, it enable remote access to a physical machine using >> >Spice. >> > >> >Of course, it can instead run on the guest, but that was not its purpose. >> >We already had a solution for the guest that uses Spice, as you've >> >mentioned. >> > >> Dear Uri, >> Thank you so so much for your mail , it's very important. >> I started to learn Xspice because Our team are trying to find a >> solution to Linux virtual desktop. >> Today I created a Fedora guest OS and found there are already >> pre-installed vdagent and qxl driver in it. >> My spice client can connect to the server and logged into the guest, >> the most important part is the qxl dirver in guest is working, >> I think the Linux virtual desktop works, but i didn't do any Xspice >> thing, i use the host used to hosting Windows guest. >> In my opinion spice client will be able to access to physical machine >> when an spice server package is installed, but what do we use Xspice for? >> and what will setting environment variables for X server in the host >> and enabling video, mouse and keyboard driver(libspiceqxl_drv.so) help >> for? >> It's a little long mail, many questions in my head. Anyway ,thank you >> Uri again:) >> B R >> Cynthia > >Hi > >If you are using a virtual machine, Linux/Windows, you do not need to >use Xspice. Just use QXL device/driver. >People who want to use Spice to remote display a (non VM) Linux server, >can use Xspice. >Xspice options can be set using environment variables. >Hope that helps,
>Uri.

Dear Uri,

Thank you so much for your reply, it's very helpful,as I have been
struggling with Xspice for three weeks.
Now I can focus on the components in guest.
Thank you:)
B R
Cynthia