Re: fast typing breaks audio on windows7 guest

On 09/10/2014 20:27, Daniel Sanabria wrote:
Using remote-viewer to access a windows 7 kvm guest, the audio (i.e. itunes) breaks up when typing at moderate speed. What settings can be tuned to improve on this particular performance issue. Every other action on the guest (i.e. scrolling, mouse movement, video playback) performs pretty well. I'm running an up to date fedora 20 kvm host and just updated the virtio serial, balloon, scsi and ethernet with what is included in the virtio-win-0.1-81.iso.

I have the same problem using virt-viewer. For me it started some time around earlier summer. Before that it was fine. I've mentioned it on this list before and the suggestion was to try to figure out which host component change caused it. I've not been able to do that so far.

Yesterday I tried to reproduce this behavior on a Linux guest and I was not able to. So it seems that the guest components may influence this, even though I haven't updated those in a long time.

Cheer,
Han