video performance in rhel/centos 7 vs fedora 20

Hi All,

We have been piloting deployments of VM using Fedora 20 host and guest and have been very happy with performance and stability in almost every respect, so a big thanks to all for this hard work. Things are looking great.

Now we have been testing deployments of these same VMs (F20 guests) on rhel 7 (centos 7). We migrated one over and one of the issues seems to be a severe degradation of video performance vis-a-vis the F20 host.

The setup is a C7 host, F20 guest and either C7 or F20 client, either local to the host or on the LAN.

In this setup, the video plays fine for a few seconds, but eventually degrades to about 1fps with severe tearing of the video. Video does remain in sync with audio and there are no audio breakups.

Any pointers on things to try?

I'm willing to rebuild some host components (e.g. spice-server or qemu or whatever) or try some patches or configuration changes to address this to track it down.

--
Thanks,
David Mansfield