Re: Setting colour depths

On 06/23/2014 06:59 PM, Damien Dye wrote:
> Hi all
>
> am testing Xspice to replace VNC at our company an have some questions I
> can't seam to solve
>
> 1) when I set the color depth in the config file to 16 the server fails to
> start saying it's unsupported.

I never tried it. Seems sensible - I guess you are trying to reduce
bandwidth?

> 2) is it possible for a user no root to open a persistent session and the
> system to return back to the shell when the sessions start ?

yes, you can run Xspice as non root. Actually recent Xorg can run itself
as a non root user, but I haven't tried that combo. But since Xspice
never needed access to any root only resource (i.e. /dev/mem) it isn't a
problem.

What is the specific problem you are having running it?