how to read the spice-server source code?

hi,
guys, i built the spice-gtk on an arm board(Contex A9). i test it and found that it is not very smoothly when i playing the video.
so i decided to how the video streamer be transmitted or compressed between the server and client. i try to read the source code but i found the spice-server source code is very trival and hard to follow.
plz give me some suggestion to do this?which file should i read first?the red_worker.c or the reds.c or others?
And If you have some idea to improve the performance of the client on ARM, you can send it to me,too.
thx a lot~
best regard to  you ~
Aaron  Zhang