Re: how can i trace monitor change (etc) events

On 04/16/2014 03:15 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 06:32:30AM +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
Monitor resize is handled by the spice-vdagent app in the *guest* system, it
must be installed and running in the guest for that to work. It serves the
same purpose as the guest tools in vmware, virtualbox etc.
With a recent qemu (with spice client monitor config support) and a guest
with the kms qxl driver, the agent is no longer involved in resizing the
guest.

Ok, good to know. So how can I trace the interaction of kms/qxl.ko => spice-server => remote-viewer. I have already posted a debug trace from remote-viewer showing that the "monitor config" events received by remote-viewer are different when using MATE vs GNOME3.

In particular, with MATE we get a bunch of:

(remote-viewer:12916): GSpice-WARNING **: FIXME: only support monitor config with primary surface 0, but given config surface 5

Which seems suspicious to me, given that these are followed immediately by incorrect behavior and don't happen in GNOME3.

I have already tried using 0.25 spice-gtk compiled from source (instead of F20's 0.23) and it makes no difference.

I'm willing to compile qemu or whatever to track this down but some pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks,
David