Compiling Spice client on Windows

I'm interested in working on the Windows client for Spice, but before I can do that I need to get the dependencies for it in order so I can actually build it. However, the documentation I've been able to find for building the client on Windows is either less-than-helpful or for an old version of Spice. Can anyone give me a summary of what I'll need to compile the latest version of the client on Windows?

I've already got the client and protocol repositories and a MinGW installation, but I'm not sure if I need the Windows libraries on Spice-space (I doubt it, since it states they're for the old client), or something else that's not mentioned in the user manual.

Thanks a lot!