Mouse Edit Cursor invisible on dark backgrounds in Win 7 Guest

Hi All, ran into this problem with a Win 7 VM on Proxmox 3.1 using the spice
driver. The edit cursor is near invisible in edit fields where the background
is dark - possibly because it doesn't seem to have a border? Its perfectly
visible in Native Windows and VMWare guests - shows up as white.

I wondered if it was related to this post:
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2013-February/012272.html

and the followups that seemed to solve it.

libvirt0: 0.9.12-11+deb7u4

kvm --version
  QEMU emulator version 1.4.2

libspice-server1: 0.11.0-1

I have test servers I can break if need be:)

thanks,

--
Lindsay