Re: UPDATE: spice-gtk on MAC OSX

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> Marc,
>
> as I wrote im my last mail my SDL drawing backend was not as successful
> as expected. However I started to create a complete SDL client. This
> client uses the spice-glib but has no relation to gtk or spice-gtk at
> all.
>
> Attached you´ll find my WIP code. In fact it is quite basic. No keyboard
> events at present. No sound. No server side mouse rendering - no mouse
> pointer change. (not yet)
>
> I just implemented the SDL drawing and the mouse events to reproduce the
> performance issue I noticed with the gtk client.
>
> So as it seems it is a bit faster as the gtk widget. But it is still
> quite slow compared to its windows and linux friends.
>
> So everything points to a performance issue on OSX using the spice-glib.

I don't have the same conclusion based on your earlier profiling results.

> This issue is present especially when I move windows (on Windows) or
> maximize the internet explorer (on Windows).

That is, when updating very large drawing regions.

> What does Windows different to other OSes? Is it possible that this is

Windows cairo uses Stretch/BitBlt operations, from there it really depends on capabilities and implementation of drivers. But in general, there is no opengl texture conversion, hopefully.