Re: Favor - clue bat re audio/bugzilla/qemu

Hi,

On 10/14/2013 10:17 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
My work on Opus came to a screeching halt while I tried to figure out
why I could not record clean audio in qemu + a Fedora guest.

What I've now found is that if I use soundhw ac97, things seem to work;
but if I use soundhw hda, my recording playback is fairly mangled.

That is, without any of my fancy new code, Spice + soundhw hda
has trouble recording audio for me.

I've debugged at the spice level and have persuaded myself that spice
behaves right, and that the bug must be in qemu.

So, questions:  is this already a known bug?

Not that I know of. You may want try building qemu with this patch first
though:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-10/msg01204.html

Which fixes a generic audio bug which I've recently found. Not sure if this
will help, but it is worth trying.

If that works it would be good if you could also try:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-10/msg01205.html

And check it does not cause any regressions.

Should I file this
with Spice or with qemu or both?

If it works with ac97 and not with hda then it sounds like a qemu bug to
me. What does your qemu cmdline look like ? AFAIK you need something like
this on there for HDA recording to work:
-device intel-hda -device hda-duplex

> If qemu, where is the qemu bugzilla?

http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/ReportABug

Or send a mail to the qemu-devel list.