spice-gtk on MAC OSX

Hi,

I just compiled the spice-gtk client (spicy) on OSX (http://www.spice-space.org/page/OSX_Client/Build).

I am able to connect to the spice server using this client but it is more slow than any VNC client I know.

I looked into the code and found two different places where this client seems to be different than the x11 or GDI versions:

1.) It uses sw_canvas.c
2.) It uses spice-widget-cairo.c

Is it possible that the slow rendering results in the execution time one of those two files? Which investigation would make more sense: Would it be better to provide a SDL cairo version or should it accelerate the client when there is a canvas option optimized for OSX (quarz I guess)? Is it possible to test the gl canvas on OSX? I didn´t found anything about the gl implementation in the configure script.

Thank you.

Mario