Re: problem with spice connecting to multiple monitors

On 07/16/2013 06:09 AM, stonefly128 wrote:
Dear spice development team:
I'm asking for help on the spice when using two monitors in kvm virtual machines. This is my test environment:A redhat 6.2 x64_64 server with kvm;one virtual machine using windows xp sp3 OS with two qxl graphics cards, the vm configuration file as follows:

<snipped>
Inside vm box, i have installed the spice-guest-tools-0.59.exe, and following the website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307873/en-us , i configured one *primary monitor*and monitor 2 using the option "*Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor*" .When I use spice connecting to the vm, it will appear two spice windows, spice: 0 and spice: 1. I can drag items across my screen onto alternate monitors, namely spice: 1, but my problem is that my mouse is alway s mapped on the primary monitor, it can not be mapped to monitor 2. So, how to configure my spice when using multiple monitors in windows xp kvmvirtual machines.
Look forward to receiving your reply and thanks.

Hello stonefly128,

Try adding a virtio-serial device to your VM and a spice port, install virtio-serial driver
and make sure spice vdagent is running.

Uri.