Re: Questions regarding Bug 62033 - Means to detect local-only

Hi,

OK, so first implementation will work via --spice-disable-effects option. As far as I understand, this user-provided option flags should already be available at the agent, need to handle appropriate message as in Windows vdagent, correct?

Anyway, I still don't understand how we can control these effects on Linux desktops correctly - supporting only Gnome and not providing any means for other DEs to catch up seems to be bad design (I'm using KDE, for example; and even supporting both Gnome&KDE isn't solving this as there are a few more, fairly popular - Unity, XFce...). Also how interaction with this Gnome settings should be implemented? If via function call from some shared API, this adds on vdagent dependency (probably undesired by any other DE users) - so usage of dload() is expected?