Re: Broken xf86-video-qxl commit

> commit 3e37b2c38f661b0b8e285cfa7f0549aa3d216eb5
> Author: Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Thu May 9 13:43:57 2013 +1000
>
>     qxl: add KMS support v1.2
>
>     Avoid DRI create busid symbol for now.
>     fix warnings.
>
> Creates this error for me:
>
> qxl.h:189:21: fatal error: qxl_drm.h: No such file or directory
>
> This appears to be because I don't have a very recent mesa/drm.  I'm not
> sure what the best fix is; I would think we could detect my 'old'
> environment at configure time.  Perhaps my environment was deceptive.

I'll add a libdrm version check tomorrow to the configure.ac.

> Also, forgive me if I missed it, but I do not see that patch posted
> anywhere publicly; it appears to have just been silently pushed.  Full
> disclosure, I probably wouldn't have reviewed it either way, but it
> seems like a bad habit to encourage.  So consider this a grumping <grin>.

You can still review it :)

The main reason I pushed it was a certain person was pushing to get
dfps into Fedora, and since we had the KMS patch in there already
rebasing it was getting to be a pain, so I just realigned things, but
yeah I'll try not do it again.

Though the KMS driver still needs more work, I need to find some way
to notice we are running a 3D compositor and to stop any remoting for
the non-primary surface, otherwise it does still send a lot of
pointless stuff to the remote, and also does a fair bit of stalling in
the guest on update areas to do readback, when we should have just
rendered stuff with pixman in the guest.

Dave.