Re: Spice for commercial use

You've reached pretty ideal conditions for video streaming performance:
not bad bandwidth, Windows VM with standalone player (where qxl manages
to capture stream of original size) and you've got pretty good client in
terms of CPU.

If you do the same with linux guest, HTML5 video, low b/w network, and
underpowered thin client, the results will be way different. This is
what Yonit's series of patches will address.

David

bruce bushby píše v Pá 08. 03. 2013 v 00:11 +0000:

> not sure how many people have actually tried this....but I ran a
> little test the other day.
>

> Laptop (fedora 18)
> Server (fedora 18) ...running a windows7 guest.
>

> *All qemu, libvirt and spice packages were Fedora defaults....as in
> what you find in the standard repo.
>

> I took my laptop to my brothers house (5 miles away) and used "spicec"
> to connect to my windows7 guest...."shift+F11" to full screen and
> launched a 720p HD movie via VLC (running in the windows guest)......
>  if you've not seen it before it'll take your breath away  :)))))
>   ....it's not 100% perfect....but it's at least 98% perfect.
>

> ...yes we both have virgin media broadband (UK) .... BUT ping response
> times are in the 20ms
>

> After that test, I've been working day and night designing a spice
> thin client (hardware) because it's obvious that the way the
> "majority" of people use a PC's is about to change.
>

> Bruce
>

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Marian Krcmarik <mkrcmari@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

David Jaša, RHCE

SPICE QE based in Brno
GPG Key:     22C33E24
Fingerprint: 513A 060B D1B4 2A72 7F0D 0278 B125 CD00 22C3 3E24