IE 10 support - anyone know a clever way to do dynamic cursor support?

I'm working on supporting IE 10 in the spice-html5 client.

It requires a workaround for missing ArrayBuffer.slice(), but that's
pretty straightforward.

The issue I'm stuck on is that it appears to not allow data: uris for
cursor elements.  This stack overflow thread describes the issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5288863/css-hiding-cursor-without-any-external-files

And this jsfiddle shows the problem precisely:
  http://jsfiddle.net/zjzT8/
(works great in all browsers but IE10).

I'm faced with emulating a cursor with a moving image (blech), or having
prepopulated cursor images, which requires knowing ahead of time
what all the cursors will be.

I realize it's a long shot, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see
if anyone has a clue bat.

Cheers,

Jeremy