Re: cut/paste failure on Windows 7 guest

On 17/01/2013 09:12, Gal Hammer wrote:
Hi Han,

The easiest way to help contributing with the virtio-serial crashes debug is to provide the system failure information when a BSOD occurs.

You should copy the PDB (debug symbols) file (vioser.pdb) in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers directory (it where the vioser.sys driver file exists too).

Enable the memory dump: Computer >> Properties >> Advanced system settings >> Advanced tab >> Startup and Recovery Settings button and set "Write debugging information" to (at least) "Small memory dump".

When a crash occurs, either open a bug or contact me directly and provide a description on how to reproduce the crash (if possible) and attach the MEMORY.DMP and PDB files.

I can also provide you with an updated and newer driver.
Gal was kind enough to take a look at the crash dump and determined I was running into an issue that was already fixed. He provided the 61.64.104.5100 vioser.sys driver (replacing the 61.64.104.4900 from spice-guest-tools-0.3) and this fixed the crashes while copy&paste continued to work.

Thanks for the great help, Gal!