Re: Fedora 17 Guests for Desktop Virtualization

Below I've pasted a stripped down version of a kickstart file I used to get Fedora 17 working as a spice VM.
(original is at http://www.shalman.org/spice/fedora17.ks)

It gave me a working KDE VM.

A plain install of Fedora 17 seemed to freeze for me, but I haven't done any digging into the differences between that plain install and the stuff in this kickstart file (modified from an older version for Fedora 16).

Kevin, perhaps you could give this kickstart file (or the full original) a try and see if that helps (the install will still prompt for a few details)?

As an aside, it might be interesting for there to be a yum group that installs all the right packages for a VM that uses spice so that someday one could run "yum groupinstall spicevm" or put "@spicevm" in a kickstart file and have everything "Just Work"...

-Nahum

--------------

install
url --url=http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/fedora/releases/17/Fedora/x86_64/os/
reboot
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
network --onboot yes --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp --noipv6
authconfig --enableshadow --passalgo=sha512
selinux --disabled
firewall --disabled

repo --name="Fedora 17" --baseurl=http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/fedora/releases/17/Fedora/x86_64/os/ repo --name="Fedora 17 updates" --baseurl=http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/fedora/updates/17/x86_64/

%packages