Re: Native USB redirection does not work - (remote-viewer) did not claim interface 0 before use

> On 12/02/2012 11:58 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 11/30/2012 03:40 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have disabled pcscd with chkconfig and rebooted. After the
> >> reboot I
> >> attempted to connect to the
> >> VDI and share my smart card reader again. The same issue occured.
> >

> > ifdhandler is still messing with the reader while spice tries to
> > use
> > it, I would have expected the
> > stopping of pcscd to also stop ifdhandler, but it seems I was
> > wrong.
> > Please also disable ifdhandler,
> > I suspect that will solve your issue.
> >

> And that worked just fine.  I can forward my smart card reader to the
> Win 7 VDI now. Thank you.
>
> Would you consider this to be a bug?
>
> Is this the best way to share my smartcard reader with my Win 7 VDI?
> I noticed some specific smartcard options to the remote-viewer. What
> is
> the purpose of these?

... forgot to add you need to enable the smartcard channel on the server side too. If you are using virt-manager then it is as simple as add-hardware->smartcard. If you are rolling your own command line then there are instructions in the doc file (link below), what you want is:

<qemu command line with -spice> -usb -device usb-ccid -device ccid-card-passthru,chardev=ccid

http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=docs/ccid.txt;h=450a66ad99757b7c5a6091aed75c775841503335;hb=HEAD