Re: Native USB redirection does not work - (remote-viewer) did not claim interface 0 before use

Hi,

On 11/28/2012 09:06 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:

On Wed, November 28, 2012 20:50, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 11/28/2012 12:45 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:

Hi,

I receive the following errors when I attempt to use native USB redirection in RHEV 3.1 beta.
It's
a smart card reader I am attempting to redirect into a virtual Windows 7 x64 machine.

Is this a known error?

It seems that pcscd is using the reader from userspace just like spice is, and the pcscd
driver is not properly claiming the interface, and therefor both are trying to talk to the device
at the same time!

What might help here is to try and disable the pcscd service.

Regards,

Hans

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try to run "service pcscd stop", and reconnect the smardcard reader to a different USB port,
and then attempted to share the smartcard reader with the virtual machine. The same issue
occurred.

Including all the pcscd related error messages? Then I guess the pcscd process was not stopped
properly... Maybe try disabling the service then rebooting ?

Regards,

Hans