Re: Windows USB-Redirection support

On 11/28/2012 12:14 AM, Goktug YILDIRIM wrote:
I bet this is asked many times and I trust to read most of them. I would
like to ask if there is any update on this topic?

And secondly, if I didnt misunderstand there is a way to get usb support if
you compile it form the source? Is it?

Hi,

To share a usb device from a client running on a Windows machine to a guest, a
libusb device driver must be installed for that usb device.

One alternative to install such a device driver, based on WinUSB, is to use zadig [1]
from the libwdi project [2].
Another alternative is to build usbclerk, a WinUSB driver install service, from source [3]
and run in on the client machine. usbclerk also uses libwdi.

The Windows usbredir is not on par with the Linux version.
For example, isochronous devices (e.g. a webcam) can not be shared with the guest.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/

[2] https://github.com/pbatard/libwdi/wiki

[3] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agilboa/usbclerk

Regards,