Re: sparc maintainer future

Hi Sam et al!

On Sat, 2023-12-09 at 11:58 +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> Andreas wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I feel honored to be suggested for such a responsibility. I could in the
> > long term be available for a role as some kind of SPARC (co-)maintainer,
> > with backing from my organization. My SPARC experience is mainly with
> > SPARC32 rather than SPARC64, so discussing a co-maintainership with a
> > SPARC32 focus would feel natural as a start. I do not have much in terms
> > of SPARC64 or non-LEON SPARC32 hardware available for testing.

I would be willing to help Andreas obtain access to SPARC64 hardware, be it
with the donation of a SPARC T4 server which we can ship to Andreas or access
to a SPARC T4 server running Solaris with the possibility to start Linux VMs
inside a SPARC LDOM on top of Solaris.

Either way, the lack of access to SPARC64 should be our least concern, we will
definitely be able to sort something out and I assume that the Gentoo people
would certainly be willing to help with that effort.

As for testing and reviewing patches, both Debian and Gentoo people working
on the SPARC ports would be available for that.

I would be very happy to see Andreas take up (co-)maintainership of the SPARC
Linux port.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz