Re: bisected kernel crash on sparc64 with stress-ng

This resulted in a crash (this is different, irq5 during mm code):

[  304.847868] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ffffffffffffe000

But what was the last "fixing up no fault insn" message you got before this panic? I need that to be sure that this is just another instance of the other panics and not a different cause.

Rechecked with the same kernel image of last patch only, this time the fault address is different, but still no previous debug messages (probably expected since no previous patches are there),
just starts with
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 256c780a00000000
And the rest of addresses and backtrace is also different.

Also, did you apply this code patch along with others or was it alone? If alone, please try running with all 3 patches applied. My logic leads me to believe that you should not see any panics/hangs with all the code changes applied.

I hope to have the SSH console connection in better shape now (no mikrotik jumphost on the way), will start retesting with incremental patches.

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>