Re: Status of LDOM support in Linux?

Hello!

Can anyone of the people involved with the LDOM support in Linux give a quick
update what the current status of the patches is? If I understand correctly,
we're still missing some bits and pieces that need to be added to make Linux
able to run as the primary domain.

The ldmd daemon depends on two major missing pieces: a new vldc driver (which would allow the userland daemon communicate via LDC with the Hypervisor) and extensive changes to the domain services driver. I hope to get to the vldc driver part but haven't had time to tidy the code up into a format for submission.

In addition, a virtual disk server (vds) driver that would allow the control or service domain export disk services would be required.

Regards,
Liam